HypnoBirthing : The Mongan Method
** Please see below for Class Information **
~ The HypnoBirthing Premise ~
For most of their lives, women have been inundated with the negative stories of other women’s birth experiences. Everyone, from their mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends, and even strangers, wants to tell them the horrors of giving birth. They have been conditioned to believe that excruciating pain is associated with birth; and because of this, women today hold an unprecedented fear of giving birth. This extreme fear causes their bodies to become tense, and that tension often prevents them from easily performing the normal, physiological function of birth. The result?—exactly what they feared most–long, painful, disappointing birthings.
People who are drawn to HypnoBirthing have long been searching for a way that helps women give birth as calmly, safely, and gently as possible. Until HypnoBirthing was founded, it seemed almost unattainable.
Through a very simple program of self-hypnosis and education, women learn to release emotions tied to fear-based stories and misinformation, and they are helped to see birth as normal. They learn to trust that their bodies know how to bring their babies into the world in the calm and gentle way that Nature intended.
The HypnoBirthing Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same will-designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
You will be fascinated as you view HypnoBirthing films showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor as they experience the kind of gentle birth that you, too, can know when you are free of the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
HypnoBirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing, you will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
~ HypnoBirthing® Advantages ~
Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- To explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labor
- What’s wrong with labor as it exists with most other childbirth methods
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, the only safe labor enhancement
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
~ What People Are Saying ~
“I love the philosophy; I love the instructor’s teaching manner. Thanks to HypnoBirthing, and the support I received, my baby’s birth was wonderful. I was confident and free of fear.”
“It was undoubtedly the most calm, exhilarating, beautiful birth (not to mention one of the shortest) I’ve attended so far as a birth doula. I plan to suggest it to all my upcoming clients.”
“HypnoBirthing has changed the way I practice obstetrics.”
“Outstanding! Easy-to-learn relaxation and breathing patterns guided me through a five- hour, pain-free labor. I will treasure the experience forever!”
“Wonderful! I tell everyone that it is the only way…my doctor is so impressed!”
“My baby’s birth was the most amazing experience. I love this program and am deeply led to teach it.”
“HypnoBirthing gave me a most priceless gift—a childbirth experience that was free of fear.”
“Nothing can describe the beauty of our birthing experience with HypnoBirthing. I never dreamed after having two children with another method that I could have so easy a labor.”
“Our daughter came into this world so much easier than either of us could have hoped for. With Godspeed, keep up the good work of HypnoBirthing.”
“The nurses said they had never seen a woman so calm, yet so strong. They couldn’t put the HypnoBirthing book down.”
“This is the way all babies should come into the world. It’s beautiful. Keep up the good work.”
“I’m a labor and delivery nurse. I work in the field of obstetrics every day. I can hardly believe my eyes as I watch HypnoBirthing mothers in labor. It’s amazing!”
“Several of my patients have used HypnoBirthing. The result: little or no medication and yet, a calm and more comfortable mother.”
“I’ve been delivering babies for twenty years, and I’ve never seen anything like this method. It’s incredible.”
HypnoBirthing Classes consist of 5 – 2 1/2 hour classes, one per week for 5 weeks.
Classes are being held at Tranquil Rain Hypnosis (TRH), in Oneida NY (unless otherwise noted).
To schedule a date to join a class, Please contact :
HypnoBirthing Certified Educator